Language:  English
Telephone:  (+39) 329 31 67 363 Fax (+39) 055 8667486
Home    Villa Mandri    The manor house
Used as a hunting lodge, the central part of the property dates back to the 15th century.
The current appearance of the Villa dates back to the second half of the 17th century as evidenced by an inscription in a draft of the facade (1666), a period in which the two lateral towers were added and the facade was enriched with a front staircase leading to the first floor in correspondence of the inner garden, which is accessed from the large loggia. The scale of the facade was demolished at the end of the 19th century, we have evidence of this in a painting by Enrico Markos and dated 1877. Historical documents inform that the Villa was already owned by the Carnesecchi family in the 15th century and was later purchased by a branch of the Medici family, cadet cousins of the reigning Grand Dukes, and that it belonged to it for centuries until our days.